What is the best way to toilet train my puppy?
Follow these easy steps for toilet training success
1. Choose a designated place to house train your puppy. It should always be accessible but away from his bed and food.
2. Place a Mikki Pup-Pee pad on the floor with the plastic side down and the tissue side up, using the adhesive strips to secure the pad to the floor.
3. After meals, playtimes, and before/after sleeping, lead your puppy onto the pad so he begins to make an association with the pad’s location and scent.
4. If your puppy doesn’t relieve himself, allow him to move away. After a few minutes lead him back to the pad and encourage him again.
5. When your puppy uses the pad, use an associated word such as “Wee-Wees” exactly at the same time he is doing the action. Praise him enthusiastically with your voice “good dog” and/or a treat after he has finished.
6. The pad will change colour once it has been used – this tells you when to change it. Repeat steps 3 to 5 frequently during the first few days. If you spot him getting ready to go, say “no” and lead him to the pad. If you discover an accident, just quietly clear away the mess using Mikki Odour Remover to eliminate the smell. When you are ready, encourage him to go outside using the command word you introduced early on (“Wee-Wees”)
|Item model number||6235108|
|Pet Life Stage||Young|
|Number of Items||1|
|Specific Uses||Behavioural Training^Daily Use^Toilet Training^Travel|
|Item Weight||1.2 kg|